I'VE TRIED ALL THE GLUTEN FREE CRUSTS ON THE MARKET. IMO THIS IS THE CLOSEST TO A REAL THIN CRUST PIZZA, AND YES I LIKE THE CAULIFLOWER CRUST TOO BUT THIS IS MUCH CLOSER TO THE REAL THING. THERE IS A TRICK THOUGH. IT HAS TO BE SPREAD SO THIN ITS ALMOST SEE-THROUGH. A LITTLE TIME CONSUMING BUT IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I'M EATING A REAL STURDY PIZZA I CAN ACTUALLY HOLD WITH ONE HAND.
· 1/2 cup potato flour
· 1/2 cup tapioca starch
· 1 cup coconut milk (full fat)
· 1 egg
· 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together.
3. Here’s the tricky part. The “dough” will be super sticky and not the easiest to spread on a baking sheet. I like to dampen my hands to make it easier. YOU MUST MAKE THIS AS THIN AS POSSIBLE!!! If you don’t it will have a gummy texture in the middle. It needs to be cooked all the way through so the thinner the better. I can get one recipe to spread out on a 9x13” baking sheet
4. Sprinkle with sea salt and any other desired seasonings.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
6. Enjoy the best thin crust pizza/flat bread