READ THE TITLE SLOWLY! ESPECIALLY GREAT FOR KIDS- IT'S LIKE FLAVORED NOODLES!
Yield 3-4 Prep- 15 min Cook- 30 min
· 1 tablespoon Ghee
· 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
· 3 celery stalks, sliced thinly
· ¾ cup chopped onion
· 49 ounces chicken broth (about 6 cups). Homemade is best.
· 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
· ⅓ cup cold water
· 1 lb. package Jovial Brown rice egg noodles
· 2 tablespoons Ghee
· 2 teaspoon thyme
· 2 teaspoon parsley
· 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
· 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Heat 1 glob (aka TBSP) of Ghee in a large Dutch oven pot over medium high heat. Add the carrots, celery, onion and sauté until tender, about 3-5 minutes, or a little longer depending on how thick you cut them. Add chicken broth to the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes.
2. Dissolve the Tapioca in the cold water. Add mixture to the broth. Add the noodles and bring to a rolling boil. Check noodles every few minutes as mine kept sticking to the bottom. As long as you stir often it should be fine. Remove from heat when noodles are mostly cooked. The noodles will continue to soften after you stop the boiling.
3. Add Ghee and herbs and stir to combine. Mix in chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mixture should continue to thicken slightly as it cools; there should be a thick broth covering everything but not enough to be runny. Stir in green onions, serve and enjoy!
Adapted from: http://pinchofyum.com/chicken-soup-noodles